Stove model 55-shp10

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie

Dec 12, 2016
Ohio
Had stove for couple years but this week started acting up upon startup it starts shutting down with E Codes E2 E1 the auger continuously feeds the fire once I override it to start up can't figure out the problem hopefully somebody can help

Had stove for couple years but this week started acting up upon startup it starts shutting down with E Codes E2 E1 the auger continuously feeds the fire once I override it to start up can't figure out the problem hopefully somebody can help
Sounds like to me that your vacuum line going from the vacuum switch to the combustion blower is probably cracked near the the combustion blower itself. The line is usually off-white in color so just pull it off and take a look. it's long enough where you can just cut the end and reattach. E2 is improper startup and E1 is Vacuum leak which would also cause the unit not to start. Start at the hose because I'm betting its cracked near the combustion blower.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks jones, yes thAt was my problem line was crumbling .Nothing really left to reattach i ordered a new line .Thank you for the reply

Thanks jones, yes thAt was my problem line was crumbling .Nothing really left to reattach i ordered a new line .Thank you for the reply
I replaced mine with a hose from a part store. $2 and it was fixed! How much was the part from Englander cost?

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Line and the vacuum part itself and it was $36 total shipped

Did you buy the Vacuum Switch too? Usually you can cut back the hose and
Line and the vacuum part itself and it was $36 total shipped

I didn't realize you needed the vacuum switch as well. Usually you can cut back the hose and reattach because it's quite long from the factory.

The hose was deteriorated to the point that it was too short really didn't want to take a chance without getting everything since I was in there so I bought the whole set I put the old one up and use it for a spare possibly

The hose was deteriorated to the point that it was too short really didn't want to take a chance without getting everything since I was in there so I bought the whole set I put the old one up and use it for a spare possibly
Always good to have a spare vacuum switch, although I do not LOL! Glad to help you out and good luck once you get the new part installed.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.