Stove Chow Surprising Review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1024

Aug 31, 2016
WOOD
I'm doing a little analysis with pellets in my Harman P43. Bought a little magnetic thermometer. Tried Easyblaze softwood and now Stove Chow. I got Easyblaze to 430 degrees. Very clean. Hardly any ash. Surprisingly, Stove Chow got me to 460 degrees. However, very messy and tons of leftover ash. My burn pot is totally full after one bag. Take the good with the bad. Now just fired up Hamers. Also bought Somerset and Lignetics. I'll keep everyone posted. I have too much time on my hands I guess. The boss thinks I need to get a life.

Are you completely cleaning the stove and exhaust between brands?

i have really great heat from stove chows too. I havent really tested but the beginning of the year i was burning some old bags of greene supremes i found. needed to keep the stove on 5 overnight. when those ran out i dumped in my chows. cooked us right out of the house one night. same outside temps as night before. had to shut stove and open windows in the morning. now stove is doing a great job overnight on 2-3 with the chows.

This is just my observation. I do not know if the chows just happen to feed faster through my stove. I havent had the time to monitor pellet usage.

i have really great heat from stove chows too. I havent really tested but the beginning of the year i was burning some old bags of greene supremes i found. needed to keep the stove on 5 overnight. when those ran out i dumped in my chows. cooked us right out of the house one night. same outside temps as night before. had to shut stove and open windows in the morning. now stove is doing a great job overnight on 2-3 with the chows.

This is just my observation. I do not know if the chows just happen to feed faster through my stove. I havent had the time to monitor pellet usage.
Green Supremes stink. Can't compare to a decent pellet

Reactions: Pellet-King
I don't think it is a "Surprising Review" at all. Stove Chow's are pretty well thought of here.

Tom

Reactions: Peterfield
OK clue me in,it is a harman--burn pot totally full?Should always be full,some burning pellets and some ash,cleans itself.And temps do not mean much.the exhaust probe will automatically feed more pellets to keep temps at optimum levels.

Fireside Ultra's are hotter or were than Chow's, FSU's contain softwood, I have posted years ago Sleeper Pellet of the Year!, few years ago Chow's caused clinker's in my Whit, I have NEVER seen a hardened clinker in my burnpot in 20 yr's

I burned stove shows for a couple yrs.. Step brother of Energex Hardwoods..
Very good heat..Mountain of ash though.... got tired of that and haven't bought since.
My Stove is a lot cleaner since.... but, to each his/her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.