Still Working on the Learning Curve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Icemanxxxv

Oct 20, 2014
Smithville MO USA
I’m running my Accentra in Room attempt mode. I understand that the feed rate is adjusted by the ESP and not the feed rate dial setting. Last nights OAT was around +10. This morning the house was a comfortable 70 degrees. The stove never reaches the temp set point and is in a continuous heat mode I guess it is trying to reach its set point casing incomplete combustion of pellets. Should I be running the insert in Stove Temp or Room Temp and adjust the feed rate to maintain 1 inch of burn pot ash line at night , and switch to Room Temp in the day when the OAT rises? I have just completed a level three cleaning. Every time I load the hopper I scrape the burn pot.

I’m running my Accentra in Room attempt mode. I understand that the feed rate is adjusted by the ESP and not the feed rate dial setting. Last nights OAT was around +10. This morning the house was a comfortable 70 degrees. The stove never reaches the temp set point and is in a continuous heat mode I guess it is trying to reach its set point casing incomplete combustion of pellets. Should I be running the insert in Stove Temp or Room Temp and adjust the feed rate to maintain 1 inch of burn pot ash line at night , and switch to Room Temp in the day when the OAT rises? I have just completed a level three cleaning. Every time I load the hopper I scrape the burn pot.
I have mine on a thermastat. Set the temperature and forget it!! Unless outside temperatures change...