Still Cozy With the Drolet (Merry Xmas)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WriteNoob

Burning Hunk
Nov 30, 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Was loading the Baltic (v. 1) this morning, and realized I hadn’t posted anything in forever. Still burning the compressed blocks. I believe this is my 4th year heating with wood. Wife has finally (just this year) admitted that this wood heat thing is the way to go, and that she actually prefers it to gas. So, all is well. I wish you all peace, plenty, contentment, and a warm place to lay your heads, this holiday season. Merry Christmas, my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was loading the Baltic (v. 1) this morning, and realized I hadn’t posted anything in forever.

Merry Christmas, my friends.

Recently cyphered it out, and this old boy turns 15, in June. He waits all year for dad to fire up the big steel box. [emoji4]

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m on my 7th winter with the Drolet Eastwood 1800 now and am real happy with it. It’s a cool -9::Fnow and it looks like that will be our high for the day. It won’t go above 0 until Thursday they say so I have lots of yummy red oak inside ready to go.:)

Reactions: WriteNoob
I am blue ( as in c-cold) with jealousy, & that dang propane furnace is eating my wallet. Toasty 6 ::F on my way down to shop.

Reactions: WriteNoob
I am blue ( as in c-cold) with jealousy, & that dang propane furnace is eating my wallet. Toasty 6 ::F on my way down to shop.

Been there, man. I made a post before I got my stove, called The Stoveless Wonder, in which I bemoaned the fact that I didn’t have a stove, and my furnass couldn’t keep up. Now when it gets below zero, I think back and smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WiscWoody
Been there, man. I made a post before I got my stove, called The Stoveless Wonder, in which I bemoaned the fact that I didn’t have a stove, and my furnass couldn’t keep up. Now when it gets below zero, I think back and smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I remember before I got the wood stove we’d have outside campfires and I thought, dang it sure would be good to have this heat inside! Lol... and up here the wood scrounging is pretty easy with lots of hardwood woods and forests. It makes a bit of a mess in the house but it’s worth it and I like working on the wood in the off season.

Workin on it, funds are set aside , Chimney guy contacted- ( no way am I going on that 12/8 pitch roof , haven't the tools for that particularly at this time of year.) Drolet or Englander, decisions decisions 2200 Sq ft. maybe the Englander furnace in the basement and a 30 upstairs.