Started new install for FP30 (Pacific Energy)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Finally we brought the fireplace inside the house. Quite a challenge to handle the 600lbs "beast" but we did it. Also, I got a chance to start the frame.

The question which I have is about the adaptor plate. I bought the chimney adaptor plate from the supplier but doesn't work because the pipe is raised above the top of the fireplace and it will create a gap so not possible to seal. Looks like I need to use it together with the adaptor plate which came with the fireplace. Is this correct? Do I need to use cement I assume in order to have a perfect seal? Here are a couple of pictures.

Hey I am in the same boat you were in I purchased the anchor plate and tested fit it the other night the anchor plate does not fit right in the top of the fp30 wondering if you ran into the same issue and just sealed it with cement thank you

Hey I am in the same boat you were in I purchased the anchor plate and tested fit it the other night the anchor plate does not fit right in the top of the fp30 wondering if you ran into the same issue and just sealed it with cement thank you

Take a look at post #4. There are some pictures how I did it. Let me know if you need more info.

Take a look at post #4. There are some pictures how I did it. Let me know if you need more info.
I did see your post 4 I have both pieces the anchor plate and the adapter plate just like you have in the picture but the anchor plate is loose in the flu in the top of the stove it is not a tight fit I was wondering if you ran into this same issue and just cemented it into the top of the stove I am using selkirk metalbestos pipe which I believe is exactly what you used thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there is a play between the parts and I just used the cement to seal as much I could. For reference, I was using selkirk pipe Supervent 2100(JM) and I ordered the adaptor plate JM6AP (http://www.selkirkcorp.ca/-/media/selkirk/product-literature/chinmey/jm002e-rb-3671--0115.pdf) for my install. You mentioned silkirk metalbestos pipe but not sure what is that.
Ok thank you for the input I will pick up the cement may try and get a piece of stainless pipe that will act like a bushing to fill up the gap also