Stainless in the place of black pipe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Budsbud66

Jan 16, 2019
Wisconsin
I took a 8 inch stainless liner out of an old air cooled tripple wall. It looks beautiful. Id like to use it in the place of black pipe on my stove. Any reason why this would be a bad idea. The gauge seems a little lighter than black pipe. But still pretty solid. Any thoughts?

Eventually the stainless will discolor due to the higher heat coming out of the stove collar, check out some of the discoloring that occurs with people flex liners in there chimney. If you can live with that then install away

It would blue and brown out like the pipes on a Harley! I believe there is a minimum gauge of metal required for pipe.

Yes it needs to be at least 24 gauge for 6 to 10" pipe