St. Croix Prescott - WAY too much flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottymon

Jan 23, 2014
Chambersburg PA
Had 3 year old used stove professionally installed and cleaned last week. Took off thermostat and running on manual control. If I set it above 2 the fire gets huge and flames go up hopper feed. Have tried different damper settings but no difference. Stove is also putting out a good bit of white exhaust smoke. Good active flame on 2 but even on that it reaches the base of the heat exchanger.

Any help appreciated!

I would think the white exhaust smoke is just steam from the outside temps being so cold, not actual smoke.

As you can see from my pic having high flames is fine. I have no advice about the flames going up the pellet chute.

Status
Not open for further replies.