Sourcing chimney liner insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WesM

Nov 13, 2021
Maryland USA
Looking to get 1/2" insulation for chimney liner I am going to install next week. Is this something you normally source locally or is it something to get ordered in? I see rockfordchimney has a couple kits, is that the best way to go?

Other people have more experience/knowledge than me, and can comment.
But I will say I have done the liner kit from Rockford and a custom-made chimney chase from them, two separate orders and both times I had calls and emails with questions - in all cases I found them to be very responsive and helpful.

Reactions: WesM
Looking to get 1/2" insulation for chimney liner I am going to install next week. Is this something you normally source locally or is it something to get ordered in? I see rockfordchimney has a couple kits, is that the best way to go?
Ideally it should be supplied by the liner manufacturer. But really any liner insulation kit will work. I doubt you will find it locally

Reactions: WesM