somersets and my gm 10 bolt rear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gear fluid, especially old nasty junk, smells horrid!

Thats that GM corporate crap. Obama peed in your pumpkin....lol Mine smell fine. Oak always smells a bit sulfury. Thats what you smell.

Somerset at TSC in WV smells like oak. If it smells like differential fluid I would go back and question them about it.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

So, how does oak smell? Hint....it smells a bit like sulfur.....:ZZZ

My Sets smell mostly like Oak, which yeah isn't the best smelling wood IMO. The pine pellets I've used on the other hand smell wonderful.

I noticed mine smelled different then ever before but not like grease. I have often wondered what it would be like to add a slight amount of used oil to the pellet making process.

used oil to the pellet making process

Not good. If you want to know, add some soybeans to your pellets and watch what happens. Just a little, not much.

Any pellet's composition will depend entirely on what is in the feedstock feeding the hammermill and extruder and Somerset runs a huge flooring mill so all the wood waste is pelletized. If they are running oak flooring that day, you get oak. If it's cherry, you get cherry. If it's piss elm, guess what, you get piss elm.

Pellets are (I imagine) a huge profit maker for them in as much as pre extruding, the wood waste was landfilled or mulched. Of course the infrastructure to extrude pellets isn't cheap. Just a commercial ring extruder can cost upwards of a half million bucks but I'm sure the pellet plant is paying for itself and then some.....

Add some Ford Friction Modifier, made from sperm Whale oil....STINKS!!, I play tricks on fellow techs and leave the empty open bottle behind there tool box's

Reactions: LordmetalZ28
Status
Not open for further replies.