Some one sell me a new Cat combustor!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozarkjeep

Hearth Supporter
Nov 6, 2006
Ive been looking..

I want the stovecombustors.com unit.

lights at a lower temp, and all of that.

it isnt listed for my particular stove.

earth stove BV4000c

who is the rep for this company on this board?

let me know youve got one to fit my stove, and Ill place my order.

This is winter #3 for my stovecombustors. They are still working great. my stove temp is 550 and you see nothing but heat waves from the chimney. Yesterday morning, a couple hours after reloading when it was mostly coals and the stove temp was just under 300 I looked up at the chimney and there was absolutely no smoke visible.....just the tinies "mirage effect" of heat coming out of the chimney.
Considering the price and the ability to fire off at lower temps I love these things. Something to note if you buy them. they are not as deep as the honeycomb style ones that were in my stove when I bought it(used stove). I had to finagle it a bit to get them to sit in there with the insulation felt on them properly. they are the same length and height just not the same depth....but they work fine.

good luck

thanks Elk, and David.

for some reason my search of stovecombustors didnt list the bv4000c, but I see it listed in your link.

Ill probably go with that one.

the condar site, lists 2 avaiable with the difference being the depth, one is 2" deep, the other is 3" deep.

http://www.condar.com/cgi-bin/cart/cgi/database.cgi?command=listitems&pos=120&type=search

IM not sure if my stove is a pre 1990, or a post 1990, they list 2 different combustors, different depths.

so I guess Ill have to pull mine out and measure it. stove combustors doesnt differentiate, I would assume they are interchangeable, and simply the longer honeycomb has more surface area, and longer service life.

Hey Jeep one other thing when buying a combustor, most of the tin cans they come in require a cermanic gasket wrap. When purchasingm also purchase this
http://snarf.buyitsellit.com/StoreFront/view?store=2330&view=product&id=9365

It wraps around the tin can portion. Because Stove combustors are designed dirrerently they need not to be as thick they do not use the honey comb design,
but a more dense scrungie type Theire tend to be thiner like feom 3" to 2" all you need to do is get the correct outside dememtions

yeah. don't skimp on thos 8 dollar rolls. they don't go very far. better to have an extra stored away than to be half way thru the cat instal and not have enough. I had to reline the entire damper adapter when I did mine and ended up haveing to put it off for a couple days. Since it's a really dirty job that meant two days of being dirty instead of one. definately would have been worth 8, 16 or 24 more bucks to know I had enough. sometimes being a cheapskate comes back to get me.

I will for sure order that when I order my combustor, It would be nice though if the LENGTH of the roll were included in that information about it.

DavidV said:
yeah. don't skimp on thos 8 dollar rolls. they don't go very far. better to have an extra stored away than to be half way thru the cat instal and not have enough. I had to reline the entire damper adapter when I did mine and ended up haveing to put it off for a couple days. Since it's a really dirty job that meant two days of being dirty instead of one. definately would have been worth 8, 16 or 24 more bucks to know I had enough. sometimes being a cheapskate comes back to get me.

Status
Not open for further replies.