Some help with a Sierra 7000C?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

yojak

Feb 10, 2021
Howdy, all,

I've had a Sierra stove now for around 30 years. I figure it's about time I added a blower, don't you agree? 8/ I've looked everywhere and can't figure/find out which one it takes. The only place I see to mount a fan would be in the rear after removing the cover for the rear flue. Those bolts on center are about 6 3/4".

Any help/ideas/memories/pictures/old dead fans for sale, all muchly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Jack

If memory serves me correct the fan is for the 8000.

Curious, are you running it with the cat installed?
Yes, both cats are installed. Just wondering why you ask?
After more research I've come to the belief that the stove takes a dual squirrel fan that mounts at the back bottom of the stove. The holes are already there (just had to sweep the dust away to see them). There are a couple of different versions so now I'm just zeroing in on the correct one. The fan I'm looking at now is the 1c125.

Most of the time by now the bypass holders for the cats has rotten away and most users run those stoves like smoke dragons since getting parts is about impossible. They are nice side loaders but getting long in the tooth.
I have a 7000C which is a front loader only. The cat holder as well as the bypass work perfectly. I bought mine in 88 and it's served me well. Just need to get a bit more heat out if it. The 1C125 is the fan but OEM fans are outrageous. I've found a slew of generic fans that are more reasonable priced. Once things warm up and I can work on the stove I'll be adding one that fits the best.