Softwood Pellets at Benny's in RI for $8 per bag.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

escobarmj

Hearth Supporter
Jul 27, 2008
RI
I wonder how many bags they will sell at that price? I am not familiar with the brand, and they are softwood. Seems weird when you can get a gallon of heating oil for $235.

I hope not many. That is $400 a ton!!!! There are a few people selling pellets on craigelist for this price and this is NJ were you could get pelletsalles would deliver for less. It looks like people are tring to take advantage of the fear of a shortage.

To me they are taking advantage of peoples ignorance. Assuming they are actually selling anything. The free market will take care of the problem. Those pellets will sit until the price drops.

Shame is, there are always sharks circling the waters waiting for the weak

Believe it or not people do buy them. My local Ace
Hardware has Lignetics for $7.49 a bag and I see
people buying a few bags at a time. Some people
are occasional weekend burners and/or are heating
a room that they don't use daily.

wow thats crazy talk about gouging ouch! i got lucky and got some lignetics here in canada. might have been a one shot deal they where on sale 4.99 bag cad. 900 bags went in like 2 days at local canadian tire store.

Mike J said:
....when you can get a gallon of heating oil for $235.

WOW...that's the most expensive oil I've ever seen!!! LOL...OK, OK, I know it's mis-typed...i just couldn't resist, especially after the $8/bag pellets

WOW! I hate to see what they will be charging for a ton in December.

tinkabranc said:
WOW! I hate to see what they will be charging for a ton in December.

Can you imagine Tink? And what about in January when it's 10 degrees outside?????

I am speechless! Are they Golden Pellets??

Should we start a club for those of us that are savvy enough to not overpay for our pellets?

Hmmmm...the "Cheapie Pellet Pig Club", or the "Are you smarter than the average Pellet Pig" club? :lol:

And that $374.00 does not even include delivery - Saving what?
Let me save you by cleaning out your pockets for you

My stove would become a cast iron plant holder for the winter if I had
to pay those prices for a one month supply.

edit: I like the “Are you smarter than the average Pellet Pig” club? :lol:

macman said:
Mike J said:
....when you can get a gallon of heating oil for $235.

WOW...that's the most expensive oil I've ever seen!!! LOL...OK, OK, I know it's mis-typed...i just couldn't resist, especially after the $8/bag pellets

LOL...good catch

I have some pet rocks and fake cell phones I can dig out of the basement......maybe Americans are in a big spending mood.
:coolgrin:

I still think that 1 pound bags of pellets sent by air mail might have a market, or 1/100th shares in a Harman stove.

Just another reason why I have little respect for the pellet industry. There was legitimate reasons why oil suppliers charged high prices up until recently but this is grand theft.

Mike J said:
I wonder how many bags they will sell at that price? I am not familiar with the brand, and they are softwood. Seems weird when you can get a gallon of heating oil for $235.

Mike,

Were these the bags that had the M M on then with the pine trees I saw at the Coventry Benny's in September? If they are they didn't get a very warm review on this forum, and for $8/bag they should be the best thing since sliced bread.

Gio said:
Just another reason why I have little respect for the pellet industry. There was legitimate reasons why oil suppliers charged high prices up until recently but this is grand theft.

True, that is an outrageous price, but (unlike the oil suppliers that DID have you by the b****), no one is being forced to buy them. When he gets no offers, the price will come down.

rap69ri said:
Mike J said:

Mike,

Were these the bags that had the M M on then with the pine trees I saw at the Coventry Benny's in September? If they are they didn't get a very warm review on this forum, and for $8/bag they should be the best thing since sliced bread.

Thats it. The bags had the pine trees on the front. I am sure they still have plenty.

Hey Mike,

I just noticed in your signature that you have 4 tons of pellets...if you picked then up yourself in a pickup truck or with a trailer, you're eligible to be in the Pellet Pig Club....

Just thought I'd mention it...OINK!

Status
Not open for further replies.