Snap connector Double-wall DVL to Duraplus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikej

Sep 24, 2012
I am installing a wood burning stove. I am coming off the stove with 6" double wall DVL and connecting to a "through the wall thimble" into Duraplus triple wall. I have reviewed some of the threads related to the snap connector. I understand the snap connector slips inside the double wall DVL and snaps into the round part of the thimble cover plate. The snap connector then fits over the outside of the inner pipe (Duraplus). My question is about the gaps that exist between the snap connector and the inner pipe of the Duraplus (triple wall). I am not concerned about the snap connector slipping out of the thimble cover plate. The connection to the thimble seems fine. But the gaps that exist between the snap connector and the Duraplus seem like they will allow smoke to leak out. It is not a snug fit. Do I need to seal this area with some sort of sealant? Will the natural draft take care of this and not allow smoke to leak out? Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.