Smoke coming from the back of the square piece meets the round exhaust housing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MRangelo

Oct 13, 2019
New york
Ok good day new to forum have a question have a new england pellet stove 25-pdv replaced exhauxt blower gasket and combustion gasket as well snogged the nuts fired up the stove a few time still smell smoke usex a flash light and found out that when first lighting up there smoke going in a circluar motion under the exhaust tube ? Why and not sure ? Dont think the combustion gasket working or if thats the problem ? Could i use high heat silicon instead and or should i double up on the combustion gasket or is the blower fan bad starting to aggravate me

Since you started a new thread. Let’s start over. Has this stove run before in its current location with no issues? If the answer is yes then I would use a good hitemp sealant on the exhaust blower where it meets the blower housing and also put a heavy bead inside the round end of the adapter where it connects to the vent. That is just a slip joint. And make sure it is seated all the way in. I would also coat the square end of the adapter where it connects to the blower housing. Finally always make sure your vent is clear all the way out of the house. If this is the first install how is your vent run.

Thxs for the quick reply I’ve had the stove since 2011 and will silicone the square to round piece and I did use the silicone inside the tube before installing
Smoke coming from the back of the square piece meets the  round exhaust housing

You say the smoke is under the exhaust tube? But is that where it is actually coming from? Could it be coming from somewhere else? Does it go away when the stove is at temp? I know my joints leak a very tiny bit down there, but only for a very few minutes until there is heat running through there. Then it’s tight as a drum.