Smoke after pipe cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Doylee4693

Nov 16, 2017
Buffalo
I took off appliance adapter and reinstalled. Is this properly installed? I used red high temp silicone at the blower outlet and appliance adapter.
5000DC6E-A44E-4A70-8836-30F1AF8A75E6.jpeg

So a flashlight test shows the cleanout duravent tee leaking like a siv, can I put red high temp caulk on the outside of the duravent tee where I see air escaping?? The foil tape doesnt fit well over the seem and rips

You can use high temp sealer or This tape is easier to remove later.

Reactions: Doylee4693
Its actually at a seem, and not a connection. I wont have to worry about taking it apart ever.
Oh ok then the high temp is probably the better option

Reactions: Doylee4693
It’s pretty normal for pipe to leak on startup right after being cleaned. If it’s really bad, you might not have gotten it completely clean. Those tee seams are a bugger though.

It’s pretty normal for pipe to leak on startup right after being cleaned. If it’s really bad, you might not have gotten it completely clean. Those tee seams are a bugger though.
Its just at that seam,which is the only part of my duravent setup that isn’t taped. We will see, put the rtv hi temp on it this morning so have to wait until it cures24 hrs to run it again