Small gap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
Have a small gap in the front where my liner meets the adaptor. I can see light when I shine it down. I suppose I could fill it with furnace cement. I also have some ceramic blanket pieces. Would it be ok to stuff that in there to close the air gap? I really don’t wanna shoot cement in there unless I absolutely have to. Just a mess to deal with, especially if I ever need to pull the liner. Would the ceramic blanket piece (very small) be safe? You think smoke will leak or will the draft prevent that if I just leave it??

Attachments

• Small gap
    BF624C24-7659-4A31-9401-26C20B8AD74F.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 88
Blanket material might work if stuffed in the gap. Just be careful not to poke or tear the liner. Use something dull and flat like a plastic knife. If the gap is all the way around, use some flat gasket material.

Thanks begreen. I don’t believe it’s all the way around. Just towards the front because of the curve of the liner.