Slip Plate Safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Not sure on an answer to your question but I read someone post on here to rub waxpaper on the sides of the hopper to maybe help a bit. Curious, are you using soft or hardwood pellets? My P68 never had an issue until I burned a ton of Easyblaze softwoods. Before those, I had always burned hardwood.

Sorry bas157. I did not respond to your question. I have always had the problem of any type or make of pellet sticking to the hopper walls whenever not fully straight down. I am using Northern Warmth Doug Fir Supreme and the dust left on the hopper walls is heavy.I have only tried the Slip Plate and your suggestion with the softwoods but nothing works probably because of the dust. How do you like the Easy Blaze? A lot cheaper than the Northern Warmth - I am going to try some - The problem with Long Island, NY is the distance the pellets have to travel marks the price higher.
I am looking for others living out here who could perhaps get together a bulk delivery.
Know any pellet users in Long Island?

I thought Easy Blaze were good. I read that they would be very low ash. It was more ash than I was expecting but less than big box store brands. I mostly burn Turmans so I use those as a baseline for low ash. No brands have reached that baseline. Maybe time to lower the bar for all other brands. I do not know any pellet users in Long Island.

Forgot to ask, I'm curious what you are paying for the Northern Warmth Doug Fir Supreme on Long Island. The semi-local place to me that sells them has them for $399 per ton. For that price, I think i'd be better off just using the oil boiler to heat the whole house. They might be good, but I can't see any pellet being worth $400/ton at the current time. I'd rather clean more and save $150 a ton!