Slide Damper Doesn't

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JimNew

Dec 17, 2021
Maine
Enviro Maxx-1

The flame is of blow torch appearance and what seems like a fair amount of sparklers.
What I've read says to slide damper in to adjust flame. I go to do this and rod will not move, upon further investigation I see the "slide" has been screwed down.
Is there a reason for this? Seems to defeat the purpose.

Any input appreciated.
Jim

Is the slide screwed down or is it just the lock nut stop?
This may help you with your flame

Is the slide screwed down or is it just the lock nut stop?
This may help you with your flame

The slide itself was screwed down so I loosened it and still no go. I'm guessing it was set when installed (maybe 8 years ago) so it's just stuck? I had the stove serviced last year, tech said everything was good. Maybe I'm just overreacting to nothing at all.
Stove has run like this for the 4 yrs we've been here and had no issues.
I do get quite a bit of soot on glass though.

I have never seen a slide with a screw in it and it should move.
Does your cleaning guy take the inside of the stove apart to clean?
If not he is not doing the full job. If the combustion motor and
the inside panels are removed the slide can be cleaned and should
be cleaned once a year

Have you changed the brand of pellets you use?
Your stove will burn any brand but some are better than others.
If you have changed brands that may be the reason for the soot
on the glass

Nah, pellet brand doesn't change anything.

Maybe I just need to get a different service guy to do a more complete cleaning.

Thanks.

The slide on my enviro meridian has seized, i was able to loosen it by spray penetrating oil on it (while the stove was off / cool). With a bit of work i was able to free it and move it. If you do this be careful not to damage it by using too much force while working it back and forth.