Single vs double wall flue pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
the cleaning logs don't clean your chimney, they chemically turn hard glazed creosote into an easier remove form
They do state that they allow the creosote to fall to the bottom though i dont know if thats true.

They do state that they allow the creosote to fall to the bottom though i dont know if thats true.
Some will fall off the wall in some cases. But they are no substitute for proper burning practices and cleaning.

OK. While I was mainly asking to see if it was worthwhile to use them to assist cleaning, not replace it, knowing that they don't is a good thing.

I am only burning wet wood this year because I had no choice. In the future, I won't be doing that.
Even though the wood seller says that's what everyone around here does.
Just didn't sound right to me, newbie notwithstanding.

OK. While I was mainly asking to see if it was worthwhile to use them to assist cleaning, not replace it, knowing that they don't is a good thing.

I am only burning wet wood this year because I had no choice. In the future, I won't be doing that.
Even though the wood seller says that's what everyone around here does.
Just didn't sound right to me, newbie notwithstanding.
Older stoves and fire places can burn not very seasoned wood ( so your firewood seller may not be lying ) others may not have anything to compare too so they don’t know the wood isn’t burning properly