Simpson Duratech SS 8" Chimney gap on seam?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
Do you guys think this is acceptable on the seam where the 2 pieces of chimeny lock togeather? i have 3 pieces of this simpson chimney and they all have it, i dont think they are all defectie but who knows. im not even sure if this poses a problem, i just wanted to get some of your opinions.

Ray

heres a video of the gap to.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Simpson Duratech SS 8" Chimney gap on seam?
    chimenygap.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 231
Gosh, if it was me I would probably ignore it. But maybe you can take that pipe apart and tap it out so it is more round and see if you get a better fit. Duravent makes a good chimney system

Franks said:
Gosh, if it was me I would probably ignore it. But maybe you can take that pipe apart and tap it out so it is more round and see if you get a better fit. Duravent makes a good chimney system

well i dont really want to beat it with a hammer, it shouldnt take long for the creosle to fill it up! He hE he! :)

I personally don't like duravent stuff, their chimney systems might be alright but their gas systems are made of 28 gauge aluminum and can fall apart in your hands.

Franks said:

this is the first chimeny i have ever bought so i have nothing to compare it to.

If it's like my oval rigid I just put in then that's not really a gap, just the lip of the collar that is at the top of each section

CarbonNeutral said:
If it's like my oval rigid I just put in then that's not really a gap, just the lip of the collar that is at the top of each section

yes it is where it connect to another piece of chimeny, it does it where ever the seam is on each piece, right where it goes under the connecting collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.