Shutting off Gas on Gas Stove AND oven

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

malaakaa

Jun 11, 2017
america
So I shut the gas valve off to my Gas stove/oven behind it and blew the pilot lights on the stove out.

Does this mean the gas to both the oven and stove are off? Also, was it ok to blow the pilot lights on the stove out?

Also, i dont know if the pilot light in the oven is on, would that just go out or do i need to blow that out to?

So I shut the gas valve off to my Gas stove/oven behind it and blew the pilot lights on the stove out.

Does this mean the gas to both the oven and stove are off? Also, was it ok to blow the pilot lights on the stove out?

Also, i dont know if the pilot light in the oven is on, would that just go out or do i need to blow that out to?

You shut the gas flow off when you closed the valve.
Nothing wrong with doing that, & it won't hurt anything.
If the pilots have to be lit manually with a flame (match or lighter),
you will not be able to use the oven or the stovetop until
the gas valve is opened & their pilots are relit.
If they are Iit electronically, they should come on when the controls are turned to the on position