Should I worry about this outlet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhite

Minister of Fire
Nov 8, 2011
North Central Idaho
Just got the interior stove pipe hooked up. It a BK Princess with side shields. All clearances were met. I actually have an inch extra on the corners. The outlet in the pic is 10" from the stove. There is another outlet about the same distance behind the stove that will be used for the fan. Should I worry about heat warping the plastic? Do they make heat resistant boxes and covers I could replace it with?
Should I worry about this outlet?

The pic creates the illusion that the stove is over the darker 6" tiles but it actually is 1" to the inside.

Don't worry about the outlet, it will be fine. The clearances are set to combustibles, wood trim, wall paper, outlet covers... enjoy your new stove!

Reactions: Highbeam
The outlet looks to be okay on the clearance, but what you will need to be careful of is plugging something into the outlet. It would be easy to become complacent and plug in a cord to a lamp, vacuum cleaner, etc. and have the cord end up close enough to the stove to cause problems.

Reactions: fire_man
You would think they would be to retard flaming carnage that electricity can cause. I'm not talking about 700c but at least 100c

If you're worried, they make metal plate covers that should be a bit more heat resistant than the plastic ones. You should be fine though. My outlet is 1 inch over the minimum and I use it to plug the blower into ( and a vac occasionally ). No issues yet :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.