Serenity stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RADCON

Dec 19, 2018
CA
Hi all,
I’m new here and just installed my first serenity. I have been running a Whitfield pellet stove for yearsand still am. I was wondering if anyone else that owns a castle serenity stove has the same annoying sound coming from the room blower fan ? It has a high pitched sound kind of like a train whistle? I called Castle and all I got was a gentlemen that had me turn the factory voltages down so now I have a quieter train whistle lol. Also now because the fan is running slower I can’t run the stove on 1 or 2 because it doesn’t heat the room so have to run on 3 or 4 to get the same noise as on 1 or 2 but now I get to use my pettiest twice as fast! So I was just wondering if any has come with a solution? Thanks

Haven’t run into that issue, fortunately.

I would recommend making a quick video,make sure sound quality is good,then post it here.Then you can call them,and they will be able to make a judgement.They seem to be very good to deal with.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
Here's the thing. To make a heater of this size and output sell for less than $1k, they have to cut costs at every corner they can. The Serenity stoves are considerably noisier than their high priced counterparts. That's not to say that they should be untolerable, just that there will be a bit more noise as the components they use are less refined.
As Bob Bare mentions, a sound video would sure help. One of my Serenitys is running not 6' from me right now. It does have a sort of "whiring" noise to it. Not a whistle, but I can certainly tell something with fans is running. The sound of pellets hitting the burn pot is also present. To me, it's music as I have tinnitus. But if the noise in your stove is more than you can take, and if after some diagnosis the noise is normal, it may be that you will have to sell it and buy a higher end stove.
At this point in time, I am not aware of any aftermarket fixes for the noise. Perhaps, now that there are so very many of these stoves out there, a market is open for an upgraded part. But I am not aware of any now. It is one of the most common complaints about the serenity. You can do a serch of this site and see that noise is commonly brought up.

Maybe check the fan for a bent fin, maybe a piece of debris where it shouldn’t be that might be causing the whistle. Sometimes there are labels on the inside of stoves that come off and make their way to undesirable locations....just a thought.

Hi all,
I’m new here and just installed my first serenity. I have been running a Whitfield pellet stove for yearsand still am. I was wondering if anyone else that owns a castle serenity stove has the same annoying sound coming from the room blower fan ? It has a high pitched sound kind of like a train whistle? I called Castle and all I got was a gentlemen that had me turn the factory voltages down so now I have a quieter train whistle lol. Also now because the fan is running slower I can’t run the stove on 1 or 2 because it doesn’t heat the room so have to run on 3 or 4 to get the same noise as on 1 or 2 but now I get to use my pettiest twice as fast! So I was just wondering if any has come with a solution? Thanks

Thank you guys for your input. Yes I agree that it is what it is for the price. I was just wondering if anyone has done any tweaking to the fan ? I checked the fan and shroud and everything looks normal no labels or bent parts I to have tinnitus for over 30 years Deezl and maybe this is just another song LOL. Thanks again everyone

I listen to the voices!! :cool: