Serenity exhaust fan constant on startup?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hillbilly3444

Nov 6, 2019
Walnut Grove, Missouri
I bought a castle Serenity stove last fall. Used it all winter with no problems. Now however, I have lots of trouble on auto start up. It seems to drop pellets fine, but will time out sometimes before actually starting. I cleaned everything really well, exhaust pipes, hopper, exhaust fan, etc. It seems to not get enough air to actually get a flame going. The exhaust fan seems to be sluggish, turning very slowly, sometimes stopping completely. Every time the anger kicks on, it seems to take power from the exhaust fan. I don't know if that's normal or not. Again, it worked great last year so I didn't really notice if the fan ran constantly on start up... I've reversed my vacuum cleaner hose and actually blown into the air intake in order to help ignition. After the stove finally ignites, there doesn't seem to be any problems. I guess this is just a long winded question to see if the exhaust fan is working correctly...

Use an old lamp cord and hook the combustion motor directly and plug into the wall outlet and see if it runs steady with no issues.

Reactions: Hillbilly3444
May need a new fan. Call or email: Castle Stoves™, Division of Ardisam, Inc. 1160 8th Avenue, PO Box 666 Cumberland, WI 54829 800-345-6007 | Télécopie 715-822-2223 Courriel : [email protected]
Real good @ trouble shooting and have the parts if needed.

Reactions: Hillbilly3444