Serenity burn time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Alex91

Jan 3, 2016
Southern Oklahoma
Still learning my stove and making adjustments. I get a nice bright dancing flame. Out of curiosity, how much burn time are others getting out of the serenity? I am getting right about 18 hours to a hopper on manual 1. I think castle states 40 hours, which seams optimistic. I think I expected right around 24 hours based off btu and efficiency. Loving the stove so far

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

There are so many individual variables involved: House Insulation, number of cubic feet of house, outside temperature, wind speed, wind direction, humidity, stove mode setting, pellet quality, vent set up, stove draft etc., to mention a few. 18 hours on forty pounds sounds pretty good to me. I myself use the thermostat mode on my Serenity. I probably have colder outside temperatures then you. I use about the same amount-give or take.The best thing about a Castle Serenity though is the initial cost. A lot of pellet stoves go for 4 to 5K. At around 1K you're way head of the game, money wise. Furthermore, CS customer service is super. I mean these people are really great! The CS is the secret weapon of pellet stoves. Enjoy it and stay warm.

That's lot more affordable than the Harmon XXV I got (Floor Model) for $3500. It burns about Bag right now from 5pm until 11am. It's pretty cold outside. 7f with high in the afternoon of 34f (Switch it Off/Use Heat Pump then). House is 2600sq ft and Very Well Insulated. Overbuilt House.

Still learning my stove and making adjustments. I get a nice bright dancing flame. Out of curiosity, how much burn time are others getting out of the serenity? I am getting right about 18 hours to a hopper on manual 1. I think castle states 40 hours, which seams optimistic. I think I expected right around 24 hours based off btu and efficiency. Loving the stove so far

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

First time i got the stove, i was running almost 24 hrs with a single load (40Lbs). Then i start seeing a decrease in the amount of hours as i swap pellets. I concluded that the first pellets i ever used (i think they were blackstone ) were longer and thus they did not fall as many.. and that is the same reason i started feeling more heat coming out of greene supreme for example (lignetics brand) as the pellets were much shorter and more fell into the pot per turn of the auger.
Yes, all of this while leaving the setting to the first stall. I eventually adjusted blower speed, and exaust blower speed too..but that, to my knowledge, does not impact/changes the auger speed.