Selkirk through the wall install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Dfdsc68

Feb 24, 2019
Milford PA
Hi all,
Hooking up my stove this weekend, using a Selkirk through the wall kit and double wall from stove up to kit,
Does the piece that attaches to the tee need to protrude into the room, I see there is finishing trim ring can that sit flush with the interior wall plate?
I read somewhere that the piece needs to protrude into the room a minimum of 4.5” that would look silly

The photo I attached is where I’m at. Wondering if I can adjust the wall bracket and push the tee outward so the trim sit flush

[Hearth.com] Selkirk through the wall install

Hi all,
Hooking up my stove this weekend, using a Selkirk through the wall kit and double wall from stove up to kit,
Does the piece that attaches to the tee need to protrude into the room, I see there is finishing trim ring can that sit flush with the interior wall plate?
I read somewhere that the piece needs to protrude into the room a minimum of 4.5” that would look silly

The photo I attached is where I’m at. Wondering if I can adjust the wall bracket and push the tee outward so the trim sit flush

View attachment 330192

[Hearth.com] Selkirk through the wall install