Selkirk discontinues DSP 6" double-wall "telescopic length" ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyShackleford

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 6, 2009
NC
Just when I thought I had my double-wall connector worked out, I go to
make my order at ventingpipe.com, and evidentrly the 38-68" telescoping
piece (Selkirk part # DSP6TL) has been discontinued.

I wonder if they plan a replacement, or if we're simply to make do with the
12-18" adjustable length ? I'm also curious how a "telescopic length"
differs from an "adjustable length".

EDIT: THIS AIN'T TRUE. SEE POST #7 BELOW.

Since I did not need the double wall stove pipe, I never ordered it. I got the adjustable single wall Heat Fab pipe instead, which is great stuff if you don't need the double wall.

Anyway, this is where I got it, they have the Selkirk Superpipe adjustable double wall stove pipe in the length you need. I'm not sure if that is what you wanted or not. I ordered over a year ago from them and their price was competitive on the Heat Fab. I'm not sure how their prices compare to the double wall stuff.

http://www.redhillgeneralstore.com/blk6spdwpipe.htm

That's odd. Just placed an order for that exact telescopic length. Selkirk, Winnipeg Canada is shipping it to our True Value. They must have extra stock. I'd try calling around.

You could also get the DCC stove pipe by Selkirk. I'm debating doing that myself because it is such nice looking pipe.

Hardcore said:
You could also get the DCC stove pipe by Selkirk. I'm debating doing that myself because it is such nice looking pipe.

That's the first I've heard of DCC. Any idea what the main differences are between it and DSP ?

Looks like it was introduced last month. Sounds like it's more "professional":

http://www.selkirkcorp.com/news/show-article.aspx?id=8282

I have both DCC and DSP in the house right now. The DCC looks a bit more grey looking than the black DSP pipe. It has a speckled more durable finish than the DSP pipe. DCC fits together by fitting the peice of stove pipe together and then turning it to lock in place. It has much smoother lines than the DSP stove pipe.

Other than that, I think they both would perform equally and to a certain extent, the DSP might be easier to work with.

Hope that helps.

Hardcore said:
I have both DCC and DSP in the house right now. The DCC looks a bit more grey looking than the black DSP pipe. It has a speckled more durable finish than the DSP pipe. DCC fits together by fitting the peice of stove pipe together and then turning it to lock in place. It has much smoother lines than the DSP stove pipe.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks.

Where'd you buy the DCC ? I cannot find an online source. I'm guessing it's more expensive ?

Well, I got some of the DCC by accident. It was ordered from down south as I live in a Northern Community. Not sure which stores actually carry it

RustyShackleford said:
Just when I thought I had my double-wall connector worked out, I go to
make my order at ventingpipe.com, and evidentrly the 38-68" telescoping
piece (Selkirk part # DSP6TL) has been discontinued.

RED-HERRING ALERT !

I think I go this message because ventingpipe.com decided not to stock
it any more - or maybe they just ran out. Selkirk says it's definitely
NOT discontinued.

Ventingpipe.com said to go to the links at the bottom, "Helpful Links"
and then click "Nonstock". Then you enter DSP6TL and there it is.
Good price too.

Status
Not open for further replies.