Selkirk by Duravent question on connection.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nate4967

Jun 28, 2024
Ohio
Hi all first post here. More of a question then a concern. I just installed some chimney pipe today Selkirk double wall (6DCC-TS5-BK) into the ceiling box and attached the class A pipe by Selkirk (6TLC48). Everything went smooth. Attached the first class A pipe to the ceiling box secured it in place and felt it lock I to place. My concern is that I can keep spinning the pipe in the adaptor in the ceiling box. I just want to make sure I am safe and my house won’t burn down. I tried to pull on the pipe and it is tight in place just will spine on the adaptor. I will post pictures below. Any help would be great if anyone has run this not this issue.

Selkirk by Duravent question on connection.Selkirk by Duravent question on connection.Selkirk by Duravent question on connection.Selkirk by Duravent question on connection.Selkirk by Duravent question on connection.

It's ok, though the chimney pipe needs a roof brace at the 5' level.