Secondary Tube Fell Down in my 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
I just went to reload and found a tube hanging. It looks like a screw that holds it secure either backed out or sheared off. I stuck it up in place and hopefully it holds for tonight. We're supposed to be down to 11 and I don't want to be on the boiler if I don't have to be.

The next 3 days are supposed to be getting warmer each day so I'll let it burn out tomorrow and look to see how to fix it. I hope a screw just backed itself out. Since the screw is supported in place by the tube I can't see it shearing off all that easily. Then again, it could have backed out just enough that the tube is only held up by the screw, and then I jam a log in...

Ugh.

Matt

I had a tube drop down recently on my HI300, but they're only friction fit. I never had a clip-secured tubes on my Quad. Stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.