Scratching my head on a Harman PC45....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StirnPanzer

Jul 25, 2020
Ontario, OR
Afternoon Gents,

I'm currently working on a PC45, and it has got me scratching my head. If there are any Harman guys out there I could use some help. What I have going on is a shut down after about 15 minutes and throw a 6 error code. I know that indicates a low ESP temp, and I have verified the temp with a DDM, but what has got me confused is that the dip switch settings that are currently on the board literally do not match up to any Harman stove. When I do set the board to what is indicated to be the correct setting for the board, it seems to run worse. The stove is clean, and the ESP is clean as that is the first thing that I did when the customer brought the stove in for repair. The board is very possibly the original board, and it is not compatible with the red ESP. I do have the correct ESP ordered. Is there something I am missing? What reason would there be to have the dip switches set to what they are, as in nowhere close to factory settings? Is there anything else other then the ESP or control board that could be causing this? At the present time, I'm reasonably sure that the ESP has failed, but I am not totally convinced yet.