Score from across the street!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbarf48

Minister of Fire
Dec 21, 2012
Stone Mountain GA
About a week ago I was awoken by the sweet sound of chainsaws buzzing nearby. I looked out the window and was excited to see a tree crew across the street taking down a pretty large tree. When they had it all down and started loading up I went over and asked them about the wood, the guy said he was just gonna take it to a dump, I told him I had a dump waiting for him across the street ;lol The guys drove over the pieces with a mini loader. It was around that time I realized it was a sweetgum tree, but thats okay. I think I'll be renting a splitter for this pile. I actually like everything about gum EXCEPT splitting it. It drys fast and burns pretty well

Place your bets now on whether or not the little 170 will handle bucking these things up!

I hope you didnt bet against the little guy ;)

Theyre all stacked up out back now, awaiting their date with a splitter

He shoots, he SCORES!!! I wish I had that kind of luck, congrats :cool:

Yea sweetgum is ok especially if it gets a free ride right into your yard. You should have tried to got the tree guys to saw it up for you. They might have since they weren't going to have to haul it off. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.