SantaFe/Castile Stop Cold Air Draft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooden Head

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
West Michigan
When either of these stoves are not in use. How to stop the cold air from the exhaust and cold air intake? I have a couple of ideas, but they have flaws. Like to know your ideas or solutions.

What are the oaks made of? I use pvc pipe for mine and put a ball valve inline to close when not in use. As far as exhaust, I don't know if a flipper type cap would work or not. You know.like they have on tractor exhaust to keep weather out of muffler. But could cause issues if doesn't open. Off season, I stick a rag in end of exhaust. kap

You might be able to fabricate a slide gate, like on a sewer dump on a camper, but metal

You might be able to fabricate a slide gate, like on a sewer dump on a camper, but metal
Thanks
I thought about that, but was unable to figure how to do it on a double walled exhaust pipe or a flex fresh air pipe.
Don't have a welder or know someone that does this kind of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.