Santa Fe help- I’ve replaced everything

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marlena

Dec 9, 2022
Winchester, BA
Hi. My convection blower is not starting. I have replaced the control board, the wire junction box, the snap disc #1 twice AND the convection blower. What can I be missing??

If you replaced all that I would start checking the wiring
and the voltage from the board to the convection blower
If you jump snap disc # 1 does the blower run?

Thank you for responding! I’ve learned to do most other house projects like plumbing and replacing garbage disposals and pool motors and building chicken coops, BUT I have not tampered with anything electrical! Is jumping the snap disc easy enough to do? I will go buy the equipment if it’s something I can figure out. But let’s say that there is not enough voltage going to the blower… what else would I need to do or replace? The control board is brand new, the snap disc is new, the blower is new, and this weekend I replaced the wire junction box with all new wires and connections. Everything else is running fine like the auger and the exhaust fan. And I’m pretty sure I hear the snap disc popping when the stove comes up to temperature. The control box light turns red but then nothing. Blower doesn’t start!

Jumping the disc is easy. You just put the 2 wires together (a wire or paperclip)
careful not to ground them. You are just removing the snap
disc from the circuit. If the fan then works the disc is faulty
Also, check the voltage at the blower should be 120 volts.
I believe it is a purple wire

And be careful as that wire is hot. I make a jumper wire out of a pc. of wire and connector ends, to save running the risk of shorting it out, or getting shocked. Sometimes the wire ends can go bad also. kap

Thanks all. I found what the problem was. When I ordered the new control box I went by the part number in the manual, which is not the same control box that was in the stove. I learned an expensive lesson! Now I have a brand new $450 control box for a different model stove. Everything is working as it should now.

Reactions: VintageGal