Room blower fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mentzerb

Nov 13, 2019
Pa
Ok I have a Harman pellet stove and when it fires up it runs normal but the room blower stays low I have to turn up manually then when it shuts down it shuts down normal . My ? Is what controls the room blower

We need to know what model and year of Harman stove you have. On my stove the room air/distribution fan speed is controlled by the Room Temp/Stove Temp dial. If the demand for heat has been met then the dist blower will automatically shut off until the thermostat calls for heat.

Last edited:
Acci52i I have it on room temp but it never changes the blower always the same speed ,it use to go fast or slow to get to the temp I had it set at , now it’s one speed all the time

Does it do the same thing in Stove Temp mode?

Like know in the picture when it running the fan stays where it’s set it doesn’t auto adjust like it shoed even if it calling for heat

Attachments

• Room blower fan
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 113
Can you change the speed in the Constant Burn mode and is it working in the self test mode? Maybe it's gummed up with dust. What year is your stove? Have you done a full cleaning lately?

yes , when it first starts up it turns it the room blower way up then it dies back down to about nothing and it stays there the whole time running unless I turn it up myself and the stove is super hot