Room Air Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikelly1207

Jan 11, 2015
Saylorsburg PA
I have a 25-PVD made 8/06. This is the first season running this stove as I had it sitting in a garage for a few years brand new. I have noticed that the room air blower on this unit does not change noticeably. The factory settings are at 5-5-1. These settings seem to run well. I always run the stove at 1-2 feed and 5-9 on the room air blower. On cold days I run the stove on 3 feed and 5-9 on the blower. However, seems like there is absolutely no difference on the blower speed if I have it set at 1 or 9 it blows out the same. Is this normal? How can I increase the room air blower to maximize the heat from this unit?

I believe if there's not enough heat, the fan won't run full bore. I know I had my stove running full out on blower setting 9 and for fun tried to lower it to 1... The screen said 1 but the fan didn't change because it was too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.