replacement parts for kodiak 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clearlyconfused

Jun 27, 2020
Kelowna bc
HI all, the fireplace is sure getting a work out this winter, Western Canada is setting records!

I find that the baffles in my Kodiak 1200 break very easily, and are reasonably costly to replace.
Has anyone out there found a more permanent solution? I was think of 1/4" steel plates?
Or a generic baffle I could cut to size? I believe enviro and Vista Flame are the same make.

Failing all of the above, do you guys have a recommended supplier for enviro parts? Pick up in the US is a no go right now with border closures.

It's wood overloads. Entirely my fault. I have trouble getting more than a 4 hour burn out of the unit, I would love the 1700 model for this reason. But I picked this one up second hand so really won't complain.

Thanks for the alternative number, yes I found those and the price is great. The shipping is a lot more, ($65).

A blanket on top of the steel plate is an interesting idea.
I'm thinking I may install a 1/8" plate under the next set of new baffles to increase their life.

How long do the reburn tubes last in general? What is the sign they need replacement?
I might as well buy some at the same time.

HI all, the fireplace is sure getting a work out this winter, Western Canada is setting records!

I find that the baffles in my Kodiak 1200 break very easily, and are reasonably costly to replace.
Has anyone out there found a more permanent solution? I was think of 1/4" steel plates?
Or a generic baffle I could cut to size? I believe enviro and Vista Flame are the same make.

Failing all of the above, do you guys have a recommended supplier for enviro parts? Pick up in the US is a no go right now with border closures.
I used to have a kodiak and I think the head supplier for parts is in bc.they are called concord distributing.