Removing old Superior fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

2begreen

Aug 27, 2019
Washington State
I live in a condo. Redmond Wa. the condo was built in the late 1970s early 80s we want to replace the old fireplace.

It is a superior "E-Z Set" fireplace model possibly 028,036,042 (found on label on outer flue)

Has anyone ever removed one of these. I want to start taking it apart piece by piece but not sure whats all involved. Trying to find an old diagram with no luck. We hope to replace with a small woodstove currently eying a hi-flame shepherd.

Pics attached. and thanks for any advice.

Removing old Superior fireplace

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a condo. Redmond Wa. the condo was built in the late 1970s early 80s we want to replace the old fireplace.

It is a superior "E-Z Set" fireplace model possibly 028,036,042 (found on label on outer flue)

Has anyone ever removed one of these. I want to start taking it apart piece by piece but not sure whats all involved. Trying to find an old diagram with no luck. We hope to replace with a small woodstove currently eying a hi-flame shepherd.

Pics attached. and thanks for any advice.

View attachment 246923
Start from the top remove the chimney price by price till you get down to the fireplace then pull it.