Regency U31-NG

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Set it to milliVolts & read across the TP & TH-TP terminals.
With the pilot lit, the Off-PILOT-ON knob in the ON position
& the switch in the off position.
Take a reading.
Turn the switch on & take another reading.
What numbers did you get?

Set it to milliVolts & read across the TP & TH-TP terminals.
With the pilot lit, the Off-PILOT-ON knob in the ON position
& the switch in the off position.
Take a reading.
Turn the switch on & take another reading.
What numbers did you get?
Sorry for the delay. In the off position the reading was 1 with several blank spaces before the 'point' dot. In the on position it read 97.8 i hope I did it correctly.

Reactions: DAKSY
If you DID read it correctly, your thermopile is BAD.
The reading should in the 525 mV range.
True value has a universal milliVolt generator for around $60

Reactions: formathe
If you DID read it correctly, your thermopile is BAD.
The reading should in the 525 mV range.
True value has a universal milliVolt generator for around $60
Sorry for the delay. Real life interferes. So over the years I have dialed back the pilot light to save gas. I'll just wait here while you snicker,,,,,,, OK, so I got into it after I read how the thermopile works and returned the pilot light to it's original intensity and the fireplace works as it has for the past 13 years that we owned this house. Thank you for your information and help. It made me research much more about these beasties.