Regency Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike O'Melia

Oct 31, 2018
Mentone, Alabama
New here. And I read the above articles. I bought a cabin in Mentone, Alabama. Before i did that, I researched some stoves and sort of got smitten by the Regency brand. My opening is a bit larger than 28", same height, and about same depth. Models I am considering: HI300/400 (flat black), I2400, I3100 (flat black). The cabin is 1000 sqft with a loft and vaulted ceilings. Fans. Definitely looks bigger than it is.

Thoughts? Local store is quoting ~4300 for the "I" series, guessing the "H" series higher. That's installed. $900 for pipe, $900 for install. Fan is free this month. There is only one FP store near there and they sell Regency.

Mike

Last edited:
I burned an I3100L for many years, back when I could handle 7 cords of wood each winter,
& my home was NEVER warmer than that time. The house was 1144 sf. & MOST of the house
stayed in the 80s, but if we closed the bedroom door during the coldest NY winter months,
we could sleep comfortably in the mid 50s & the bedroom door was only about 10 feet from the Insert.
5/16 Steel Plate construction.Good unit.
The H series have cast iron facade, around the same steel firebox.
Both are well constructed, easy to use & maintain.
Not sure how cold your winters are or how well insulated your cabin is, but the I2400M will probably do what you want,
for the least amount of money.

I burned an I3100L for many years, back when I could handle 7 cords of wood each winter,
& my home was NEVER warmer than that time. The house was 1144 sf. & MOST of the house
stayed in the 80s, but if we closed the .

Thank you! Just wanting to know if they are good performers, high value, worth it. Mentone Alabama is North Alabama, Appalachian foothills. Gets cold.

Reactions: DAKSY
Just about ready to start "Season #2" with my Regency H2100 (I believe the "H' refers to that it is a "hearth heater"). I had very limited firebox dimensions to work with and when I saw that the H2100 sits outside of the firebox on the hearth and that it would heat more of the house since most of the unit is on the hearth, not the firebox. Had professional installation and have had it cleaned and is ready to go.

It gets in the mid-30's/low 40's in winter time here. I can heat my 1700 sqft. house in the upper '80's if I really have the unit going, or dial it down in terms of fire to keep the house in the upper'70's without a problem at all. The fan is quiet on low speed and have never felt the need to turn it on to "high". With the "hearth heater" model, you can place a cast-iron pot on the top and cook chili.

I got the fan for free as well (it was the "deal maker" for me.) Bottom line: one of the best investments I've ever made, and will pay for itself in less than 3 years, just looking at the KWh savings from an electric heat pump.

Reactions: DAKSY