Regency R14 info/questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MAD MARK

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
What's the going rate for a used R14 with trim and blower intact?

I know it's an older insert but still EPA approved, and better than the open fireplace I have now. Any thoughts?

I'm tough skinned, if its chit tell me so. Pictures welcome to show the wife.

It's better than an open fireplace for sure. Depending on the condition it could be worth $250 to $500. Does the blower work?

They were not bad stoves at all. And last I checked regency still supplied parts. If it is $500 or below and in good working orderI would go for it.

Might be able to get it for $350. Says blower is noisy. Just checking on baffle plates. 2 hour drive 1 way.

I'm contemplating waiting and hoping someone buys a new 2020 and needs to offload their "old" insert.

Might be able to get it for $350. Says blower is noisy. Just checking on baffle plates. 2 hour drive 1 way.

I'm contemplating waiting and hoping someone buys a new 2020 and needs to offload their "old" insert.
Used inserts don't come up nearly as often as freestanding stoves. I believe the baffle in those was steel plate. If I am correct if all else fails you can get one made at a local metal fabircator

Got it for $300. Needed a repaint and cleaned something fierce. Put some oil on the blower it's not that bad.

Something I couldn't find was how to orient the removable air tube. I placed it facing at about 5 o'clock downwards. Seems to be working alright. And the fact the handle is facing straight up isnt too appeasing. Tried turning the "turnbuckle" around but wont work.

It's really too hot for me with our 7.5' ceiling's with the ceiling fan on trying to watch tv.

Cutting the damper and big enough hole was a pain.

Regency R14 info/questionsRegency R14 info/questionsRegency R14 info/questions

Reactions: kennyp2339
Looks good. Unless the door latch shaft is keyed it looks like the handle position is adjustable.

Regency R14 info/questions

It is keyed. Rod is shaped like a D...

Odd, the manual shows it at about a 45º angle, not straight up. Is the latch cam fully engaged?

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 9.12.44 AM.png

Yes it is fully latched. I even hit it with my hand. Unless the gasket that is on there is too thick. That's a possibility.

what liner did you install?

Fireflex 6" with 1/2" insulation. Exactly 19' 9" worth. Ordered from Fireside Chimney and delivered the next via R&L carriers from Michigan to Pittsburgh Pa.

Reactions: kennyp2339
Good lookin score. I have the i2400. Had to take a spacer out at the end of the year this year to tighten the seal. It was my first year with it and I think the gasket flattened out a small amount after it’s first year of use. Got a good seal now after doing the dollar bill test. Still have two more spacers in there.

Thanks I think I am going to try to add a washer to get it to turn some more so the handle is not right in front of the hot air outlet.

Thanks I think I am going to try to add a washer to get it to turn some more so the handle is not right in front of the hot air outlet.
That can work if it allows the cam to travel a bit further Have a few washers on hand for fine tuning.