Regency insert blower not working on auto

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

edge-of-the-woods

Feeling the Heat
Nov 21, 2014
Hamden, CT USA
Anyone else have this issue? Regency CI2600 here. Half the time the blower won't go on unless I start it off on manual first. Quarter of the time it works fine, quarter of the time it works fine.

Stove was just at 1000 degrees for half an hour, fan didn't even twitch on automatic.

Hey, I had a similar problem with my FPX insert. The fan would not kick from the cold start for an hour or so and stove was really hot, cat was glowing like crazy. You are lucky that you have manual mode in your unit. Mine does not. The problem with my was the fact that thermo relay is placed under the right bottom side of the firebox .When I had substantial amount of ash from previous burns it was preventing it from reaching the "kick in" temp.
My solution was to bypass it completely and make it manual at all times. Works just fine.

Make sure your thermocouple (which trips your auto fan on when it gets hot enough) is making good contact with the stove. Perhaps it is a bit loose.

Just wanted to say that it was the ash buildup that was messing with the fan operation. I cleaned that out, and it worked fine.

It's weird that the fan temp probe registers a different temp than my Condar temp probe....fan is supposed to go on when the stove hits 500, but it can be 500 per the condar probe for ten, fiteen minutes before the fan kicks on. Guess it's just because they are in different locations.

Thanks for the advice!

Just wanted to say that it was the ash buildup that was messing with the fan operation. I cleaned that out, and it worked fine.

It's weird that the fan temp probe registers a different temp than my Condar temp probe....fan is supposed to go on when the stove hits 500, but it can be 500 per the condar probe for ten, fiteen minutes before the fan kicks on. Guess it's just because they are in different locations.

Thanks for the advice!

I know this is an older thread but having a similar issue. Do you mean you had too much ash in the bottom of the firebox that caused your issue or somewhere else? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is an older thread but having a similar issue. Do you mean you had too much ash in the bottom of the firebox that caused your issue or somewhere else? Thanks in advance.
First Post but I've been around for two seasons reading. Too much ash at the bottom of the box near the temp sensor. I've had the same issue w my Regency. Clean out the ash near the front center or wherever the sensor is placed and it should start automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mumu and griam01
This is all good to know, I have a new 42 Apex from Fireplace Xtrordinair, blower was working fine for the first 2 uses, on the 3rd use, which is now, blower is not working. Catalytic converter now reading 1020F been up there for about 40 minutes. One thing though, there is loads of Ash in the box. I was going to empty it.... hey just as I'm talking the fan just started!!!!! Just as I type. Yes must have been the ash. I didn't empty it because I don't have a metal bin yet and those Coals take ages to go cold. Paper Safeway bad not such a good idea.

Anyway, will be making sure I keep the ash down like you guys said. Finally, heat now reaching me from 20 feet away.