Regency ci2600 or Xair Hybrid-Fyre

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fpomes2

Oct 25, 2018
CT
Hello all, new to the forum! I have been browsing for some time and need some input. I have narrowed my search down to the two inserts listed in the title. I am able to get the Regency ci2600 for about 4900 (installed), the place I'm buying it will also throw in two cords of wood. Another dealer has the Xair Hybrid-Fyre for 5200 installed (might be able to get the price down a hair). The dealer that's selling the Xair informed me that Regency is getting bought out? That was the first time I heard that.

Bottom line is I don't mind spending money on a superior product, but also don't want to be guided a direction off bad information.

Whats your input on the two inserts?

Home Details: 2,000 sq ft Ranch, semi open floor plan, 3 beds two baths. Looking to use the insert to be a large supplement to my forced hot air.

Thanks!
Frank

I’m looking at the same two....it’s no help to you sorry, but I’m interested in what is said.
Having seen the x-air in person I am slightly concerned about the air flow....the way it curves down over the front of the fireplace (contemporary design) , but I don’t know how it performs. The ci2600/ci2700 looks like it blows air more directly into the room. On the flip side Xair has bigger viewing window....hmmmm

Hello, I can’t necessarily help you, but I can tell you about my experience with the CI2600.

We’ve had it for about 2.5 years and so far I’m happy with it. We have a mild climate here in the Pacific Northwest, most winter the average temp is around 40-45. My house is about 3500 sq ft with a large open floor plan. Also very high ceilings and one entire side of the house is all glass.

That being said, the CI2600 can for the most part heat the whole house. The only time I run the furnace is when the average temp is in the 30s or below. During the day I keep the house around 68 degrees.

I recommend you get an insulated liner, I wish I had done that. Sometimes I regret not getting a larger capacity stove or a stove with more radiant heat. But that aside, the wood stove does an excellent job heating this fairly large house. The only help it needs is a small fan be the bedrooms on the floor blowing toward the woodstove room. That little fan makes a world of difference in circulating heat into the bedrooms.

The dealer that's selling the Xair informed me that Regency is getting bought out? That was the first time I heard that.
NIBE bought controlling shares of Regency's parent company, FPI back in 2016. Are they acquiring more or the rest of the shares?