Regency air tube

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
A while back I needed to take an air tube out of my Regency i2400 insert. I was told to place a wrench on the tube and bang it to the left with a hammer. But this thing didn’t budge. Stove is only a year old. Is there some kind of trick? Do I have to twist it or something first, or was I doing something else wrong? I don’t need to remove it now, just curious for the future if I ever do again. Thanks.

A while back I needed to take an air tube out of my Regency i2400 insert. I was told to place a wrench on the tube and bang it to the left with a hammer. But this thing didn’t budge. Stove is only a year old. Is there some kind of trick? Do I have to twist it or something first, or was I doing something else wrong? I don’t need to remove it now, just curious for the future if I ever do again. Thanks.
Hit it harder. Lol

Reactions: hilly
I had to do this on my Regency H2100 recently. I used a vice grips on the tube and you have to clamp down on the tube. I was afraid of damaging the tube. But this is the only way to get it out. Put he video grips on the centre of tube and then hit it with a hammer to the left as you face the stove. It may take a couple of hits, but it will move an inch or so and then you can remove it by hand. There's a slit cut in the end of the tube. This fits like a key to a tab in the sidewall.