Regency 2700 CI....Just got....i think i made a big mistake....ouch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WillW

Dec 11, 2021
Oregon
Ouch....Instead of going to an authorized regency store, I had the sweeps install the unit. And they have high ratings. Intake arm was stuck, installer said it didn't matter see pic. This after the unit had to be leveled because the door and the faceplate was crooked.
Anyway, I tapped it with a mallet and it moves now. Problem now is I'm not sure it's taking in enough air...to get a blaze going I need to open the door. Could it be the intake door is not working? Or the placement is in a spot with too little air?

Regency 2700 CI....Just got....i think i made a big mistake....ouch

BTW...after the fact I got a metal plate letting me know that my fireplace can't be reused because of all the reaming they did to get the insert in place.. Couldn't they find one that actually fit? Were they unloading this on my because they happened to have it? Which leads me to ask...is it possible that it is so packed in there that there is little room for air?

Lastly can I access the air intake "door" to make sure that when I move the lever arm, that something is actually linked to an air intake door? (the lever arm deemed unimportant by the installer.. If I could control air intake perhaps this could be less of a diaster...It seems that it could have a better ending...though I avoid the converter due to the weak flame

Ouch....Instead of going to an authorized regency store, I had the sweeps install the unit. And they have high ratings. Intake arm was stuck, installer said it didn't matter see pic. This after the unit had to be leveled because the door and the faceplate was crooked.
Anyway, I tapped it with a mallet and it moves now. Problem now is I'm not sure it's taking in enough air...to get a blaze going I need to open the door. Could it be the intake door is not working? Or the placement is in a spot with too little air?

View attachment 287460
It is pretty common to need to crack the door a bit on startup. The manual even says so. Are you getting the cat up to temp? What moisture content is your wood at?

BTW...after the fact I got a metal plate letting me know that my fireplace can't be reused because of all the reaming they did to get the insert in place.. Couldn't they find one that actually fit? Were they unloading this on my because they happened to have it? Which leads me to ask...is it possible that it is so packed in there that there is little room for air?
Most insert installs require cutting to allow the liner through the damper area. That's why every insert comes with a plate like that.