Redirecting to another page

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KpR

Dec 17, 2014
Central NJ
I keep my browser security at a slightly higher level than usual, and get prompted by any unusual activity.
Any idea why hearth.com is continuously redirecting to a different page?
I get a banner alarm each time Firefox prevents it, but just curious as to why it's happening on this site. I rarely get it on any other, but it happens on each page here. Used to happen before the update as well.
Quote:
"Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page".

Thanks.

Not sure why you would be getting here but the setting for that is really not for security.

Mozilla Support says'

The setting in "Options/Preferences > Advanced > General" is meant as an accessibility feature, as you can see by the label of that section, so that people with disabilities or people who use screen readers do not get confused and is not meant as a safety protection to stop redirecting.

Might trying clearing your cache to see if that works.
  • Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

Thanks webfish. I'll give it a try. I've had a malware browser redirect virus in the past, that's the only reason I keep it on. I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.