Recommendations, Please, on Jotul Dealers in Eastern TN/Western NC?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WoodsWorth

Jan 11, 2021
Hello again, Hearth.com. The gentleman from whom I bought my Jotul 400F is, er, indisposed and not responding to my requests for help with an ill-fitting ashpan door that results in a two-hour burn time. The Jotul website offers no way that I can see to make contact with them. Forum members have been very helpful and the only suggestion I haven't tried yet are those pertaining to adjusting the catch on the door. Meanwhile, this stove is still under warranty. Your recommendations on dealers in eastern TN/western NC to whom to reach out would be GREATLY appreciated.

Are you actually running the stove with this condition? If you are at least cover up/close off the cleanout in the firebox somehow. If possible? Hate to hear you destroyed a new stove because you couldn't get the ash pan door to close correctly? Can you adjust the door latch? If not, why? Good luck.

Hello, moresnow. Thank you for your response and for your caution. We keep an eagle eye on the thermometer atop the stove and we don't let it go into overburn. Is that not sufficient to protect the stove? Yes, newbie here.

Regarding adjusting the door latch, some forum members have posted suggestions on how to do that, but we haven't followed them yet. Meanwhile would feel a whole lot better if we had a pro dealer we could turn to for support if this becomes a warranty issue. For example, would Jotul balk at replacing the door if we had worked on the latch ourselves? That's what I'd like to ask a pro dealer if I cannot reach Jotul.

Have you done a simple Google search for "Jotul wood stove dealer in Tennessee" ?

WoodsWorth, welcome to the Forum. I'm also located in western North Carolina; however, I don't have a Jotul stove. Here is the Jotul store locator: https://www.jotul.com/store-locator. It looks like there are a number of stores between the Asheville, NC and the Knoxville, TN area. Hope you get your problem solved!

@WoodsWorth does the ashpan door close properly with the ashpan removed? If it does, the problem is not with the door, but with ash buildup at the rear of the ashpan compartment.