Rear CTC on step top stoves!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
I guess I'm the only one who isn't surprised the stove is shown backed up against the wall in the owner's manual.

Matt

how far is it? I hate downloading pdfs if I don't have to.

I believe the 4300ST (3.75") is lower than even the Endeavor (4.25") if memory serves.

I only looked at the 3100 ( hate downloading them too) but it was saying a corner instalation had to be 4" at the corners and a regular one was 6" with double wall. That 6" would be down to something like 3 if you had a blower attached.

I just looked at the 4300 and it shows 3.75! The blower probably stcks out most of that.

Here is their main page: Check out their photos on the hearth pad. On the 4300 Millenium it looks like it's right against the back.

http://www.quadrafire.com/Products/Wood_Burning/Wood_Stoves.asp

I designed my hearth for an old monster that needed 3 ft behind it. Now I have 18" and am thrilled with all the space. One of these guys would really open up a room. I really don't know what they charge, but if it's comparable with other stoves it's something to consider.

Matt

Matt

I just thought all modern stoves were like that? People are always amazed when I tell them the stove can be within inches of the wall on the back or corners.

One of the gas stoves we sell the corner clearance for a corner install is like 3/4", also a Quad unit.

We've been more than pleased with our Endeavor's CTCs. We have it at 5.25" rather than 4.25", though.

Many jacketed stoves have good clearances. We looked at the Quads for this reason. Napoleon has similar stoves as does PE. Unfortunately, heat be damned, this was in our living room so most didn't make it past the 'she who will be the aesthetics dept.' test. The Alderlea squeaked in, assisted by a generous, slightly-used discount from Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.