RE: Home is where the Hearthstone is . . . no, it's not what you think . . . I haven't traded in my

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
I guess I'm a bit stove centric now in my thinking . . . the other day I was out to dinner with some friends and one was supporting a T-shirt that read "Home is where the hearthstone is" which made me question if he was getting a Hearthstone woodstove . . .

Turns out that it was in reference to the popular World of Warcraft game where apparently characters use the "hearthstone" as a way to return to their on-line home . . .or something like that.

Ha, Sounds like an omen for you to start Hearthstone shopping.

Surely it had a picture of the "Hearthstone".

Kind of oval, light colored stone with a blue styleized "@" symbol on it.. right? Mine does. ;-)

One of my good friends (35 years old for crying out loud) is so hooked on that game that he spends WAY too much time on the computer. Oh wait, I'm on Hearth again........Cheers!

That game is evil. Held me captive for a couple of years before I escaped. Did get $400 for my account which I found out via email got banned a couple months later for teh haxorz.

firefighterjake said:
I guess I'm a bit stove centric now in my thinking . . . the other day I was out to dinner with some friends and one was supporting a T-shirt that read "Home is where the hearthstone is" which made me question if he was getting a Hearthstone woodstove . . .

Turns out that it was in reference to the popular World of Warcraft game where apparently characters use the "hearthstone" as a way to return to their on-line home . . .or something like that.

Which is dorkier; assuming everything is wood stove related or being an adult and wearing a World Of Warcraft t-shirt as your "going out to dinner" attire? :)

BrowningBAR said:
firefighterjake said:

Which is dorkier; assuming everything is wood stove related or being an adult and wearing a World Of Warcraft t-shirt as your "going out to dinner" attire? :)

Which is wetter, salt water, or fresh water? :lol:

RenovationGeorge said:

I can answer that one too, but it gets a little tedious.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
RenovationGeorge said:

I can answer that one too, but it gets a little tedious.

I rest my case. :)

Dakotas Dad said:
Surely it had a picture of the "Hearthstone".

Kind of oval, light colored stone with a blue styleized "@" symbol on it.. right? Mine does. ;-)

Hehheh . . . that was the one!

NH_Wood said:
One of my good friends (35 years old for crying out loud) is so hooked on that game that he spends WAY too much time on the computer. Oh wait, I'm on Hearth again........Cheers!

My friend's wife and another friend's girlfriend told me I should most definitely stay away from that game since they feel as though they are WOW widows . . . said their husband/boyfriend spends way, way too much time on the game.

BrowningBAR said:
firefighterjake said:

Things are very relaxed up here . . . T-shirts are standard attire . . . and this was just a group getting together at a Mexican restaurant . . . no black tie affair.

BrowningBAR said:

Hey there James Bond..

Lots of "regular 'mericans" do a thing called casual meeting up to eat. I guess I am just a hick, but I have done dinner with friends in a t-shirt with one sleeve, swim trunks and sandals. I do actually own some very nice threads, including two, yes two tuxedos, and Army Dress Blues. But find jeans and a t-shirt much better "suited" for my daily wear. No body wants to find splitter trash in their cummerbund. Even James Bond.

:-P

OH, and WoW is no more "evil" than any other hobby. If you are the kind of person who can take a hobby to far.... say, like the kind of person who has 3-4 or more thermometers, and color code your firewood tarps by years stacked and/or species.. You probably should not play WoW.

Dakotas Dad said:
BrowningBAR said:

Hey there James Bond..

Lots of "regular 'mericans" do a thing called casual meeting up to eat. I guess I am just a hick, but I have done dinner with friends in a t-shirt with one sleeve, swim trunks and sandals. I do actually own some very nice threads, including two, yes two tuxedos, and Army Dress Blues. But find jeans and a t-shirt much better "suited" for my daily wear. No body wants to find splitter trash in their cummerbund. Even James Bond.

OH, and WoW is no more "evil" than any other hobby. If you are the kind of person who can take a hobby to far.... say, like the kind of person who has 3-4 or more thermometers, and color code your firewood tarps by years stacked and/or species.. You probably should not play WoW.

Truth.

Dakotas Dad said:
BrowningBAR said:

Hey there James Bond..

So if I only have two thermometers . . . well technically I do have three if you count the IR gun . . . and only use a Sharpie to mark when my wood was put into the woodshed I would be OK to play WoW, right? ;) :)

Nope. the existence of a dedicated structure to your hobby puts you over the line. If you get into WoW, it will be no time at all before you have to have a room and computer dedicated to WoW, with a dorm fridge full of energy drinks in reach, sound canceling head phones, a dedicated Ventrilo server and weekly guild meetings to plot out your strategy and schedule for killing the Lich King. The quest for Epics will consume you..

BTW.. I recommend AlienWare or Falcon Northwest for the computer...

So warneth Kingslayer Maypo!!

Proud to be WoW clean for +60 days..

Status
Not open for further replies.