Rattling blower on insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
Have been suffering for several years with an intermittent rattle on the SBI insert's blower. Drolet, Century, Flame Energy.

A steel shelf rests on the blower cage, steel on steel. That's where it rattles.

When I had the blower off a couple of days ago for cleaning, I stuck some leftover gasket I had from another project on to the corners of the cage. The steel shelf now sits on fiberglass.

No more rattle.

Such an easy fix. Can't understand why the manufacturer wouldn't do it. A couple of dabs of silicone would prevent the rattle.

A minor dissapointment in an otherwise satisfying stove purchase.

Rattling blower on insert. Rattling blower on insert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DAKSY
Seems like I end up doing that sort of thing with everything I own. I look at it as a chance to, "make it mine".

You did a nice "upgrade" and now no one else has a stove quite like yours

Nice fix Ed! Enjoy the quiet.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Had the same issue with last stove which was a Drolet as well. I did a similar fix to.