Rais Q Tee vs Jotul F 100 Nordic CF

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hello to all, what a superb website!!!

My North room/office is about 1000 sq ft, the only part of the house with electric baseboards. I will set these on 50 F, and heat the room with a wood stove the few hours a day I use it. I find little on these 2 models so far in my searching, but I like both for Scandinavian non catalyst tech. The Rais is pitched by them as good to 1400 sq ft, the Jotul only for 800 sq ft but the Jotul F 400 Castine CF for 1500 sq ft might be too much stove, although the room has low [8-14'] ceilings, there are bent hallways and bath to heat as well.

I was originally also considering a Hearthstone Green Mtn 40 which is catalyst, but I don't think I want the added fiddling an expense. I like simple, easy to use.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me with this decision. The same dealer [Fireplaces in Ketchum] carries all 3 brands.

The Q-Tee is new to me but in general Rais has made very good stoves. These are very different designs so consider what is the most convenient, practical and pleasing for the application. Some things to think about are wood length, burn time length, minimum burn level, firebox height, style, etc..

Have you considered the Jotul F602 or F118B? You might like being able to put logs in length-wise for a smaller stove like that.